Careers - Networking
Linux Engineer - Zagreb
Croatia - Zagreb
At Infobip we dream big. Last year, over half of the world’s population interacted with businesses through the Infobip platform. And we are just starting. By 2018 we want to interact with every mobile user on the earth. Join our networking forces in managing the infrastructure that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.Apply now
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential that our global, cloud based products are supported with a stable infrastructure. As a Linux Engineer, you will directly manage our Linux servers and applications in multiple environments (dev, staging, production), dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) of a 4-nine uptime system that drives huge traffic.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- All Linux servers you install and configure are stable and you regularly monitor them.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You have basic coding skills in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby...)
- You have 1+ years of experience with Linux (RedHat / CentOS / Debian) administration
- You have experience in TCP/IP networks (DNS, DHCP, wireshark, tcpdump…)
- You have experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Icinga2, LibreNMS, PRTG…)
- Experience with HAProxy, virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, KVM, ESXi…), configuration management or orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet or Ansible…) is a plus
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, you enjoy solving problems, working on them until you both find the solution and understand their cause
- You have an ability to adapt fast and like working in a high-paced environment
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Big and complex infrastructure – When we talk about a large system, we really mean it. We have datacentres all over the world, from Washington to Hong Kong, and they include around 200 physical and 1000+ virtual servers. Be a part of a system that is live 24/7 and generates traffic that measures in millions of messages every minute.
- Never a dull moment – We work with powerful companies with strong impact, which pushes us to work on the highest possible level. Work on uncharted challenges and push boundaries on a daily basis.
- Opportunity Knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Lots of opportunities for development; whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Grow your knowledge – Learn as you go, starting from the internal education and onboarding from your colleagues, to our 3-day Dev conference, e-learning to attending conferences. Knowledge is for sharing, and learning is a path to growth.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, travel allowance, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, rewards and holiday bonuses, team buildings and other organised activities, company library, organised sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!