DevOps principle aligns the priorities of developers (dev) and system administrators or operations staff (ops) by making them both responsible for uptime. Our developers and system administrators share their responsibility for service and its availability. The ability to make quick changes is required to improve efficiency and to introduce new features and innovations. Our goal is to boost and improve internal processes, make them as repeatable as possible, while maintaining high operational stability and uptime.
What is it all about?
As a DevOps / Linux Engineer, you will work in a team responsible for deploying, automating and securing servers and services in multiple environments. You will investigate issues along with our software engineers and remove obstacles that stand in the way.
DevOps Engineer is responsible for handling and monitoring the system to ensure 24/7 availability of Infobip’s services as well as creating and updating technical documentation. Also, you’ll be monitoring the on-going processes and procedures in the IT department/industry and be relied upon for improvement suggestions. We expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
More about you:
- You are focused on problem-solving.
- You are up-to-date with latest trends in IT and Open Source.
- With solid dev background, you are no stranger to high-level programming languages.
- You are passionate and hard-working.
- Challenging situations excite you – you know when you can „break“ something (provided you know how to go back), you like testing new components and prototype fast.
- You have a positive outlook on incidents and anomalies, enjoy doing post-mortem analysis and discover the root of the problem to ensure it doesn't happen again.
- You show good troubleshooting intuition – you know typical components of the infrastructure and protocols.
- You possess willingness and patience to put legacy components in order.
- You are willing to participate in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Did we mention being a team player? You are no one-man-band type of person, willing to communicate and share knowledge with team mates
Skills that will help you do a good job:
- Experience deploying or managing distributed Linux environments, preferably at large scale.
- At least 4 years of experience with Linux administration (preferably CentOS / Red Hat or Debian).
- Experience with configuration management (ie. Ansible, Chef or Puppet).
- Solid understanding and experience working with HA environments.
- Solid programming / scripting skills in at least one language (Bash, Python, Ruby, Go ...).
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams to improve and support reliability.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Linux security.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and Powershell is a plus.
- LPI, RHCE and Cisco certificates will be considered as advantage.
What's in it for me?
Learning & development – Our engineers are considered experts in the industry. Even the most experienced engineers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas of knowledge.
Great environment – Wonderful team spirit, creativity and persistence are the drivers of our company. We are a fast-growing international company and you will be in the center of it all.
Interesting and challenging work – The kinds of problems you'll be working on are diverse and engaging. There’s always something new and exciting in our system admin department.
Benefits & compensation – We strive to provide a competitive benefits package that meets the needs of our employees and our business model.
Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks, aggregators and many more.
Interested? Let's get the process rolling!
Follow the link in order to apply and submit your CV. Please be aware that we will contact only candidates who best match the requirements of the position.