A/B Testing in Broadcast
Different experiments can be performed in Broadcast using A/B Testing, and we will keep adding more options. For now, check out how to compare message content and/or subject lines and how to pretest different versions of the same message.
A/B Testing in Broadcast is available with Moments only.
Test the Message Versions
Learn which subject line (available for Email) or body text (SMS, Email, Push) would work best for your communication scenario. Let`s say, for the sake of example, that you might be unsure about your company`s tone of voice and want to test that in messaging. The moment you have several campaign versions reaching your audience, you will be able to compare them and decide your way forward.
Follow those instructions to set up your first A/B test in Broadcast:
- In the Moments module on the Infobip web interface, select Create Broadcast, and choose a communication channel.
- Enable A/B testing and start creating the first two versions of your message.
- Click the Add version link to create another version. You can create up to 4 variations.
- Select the size of each audience.
- Click Analyze to see your message.
- If you are happy with the message, click Launch!
Pretest Your Messages
So you want to stay on top of your communication campaign at all times. A great way to have continuous optimization is the Pretest mode that lets you try different content variations on your test audience, and after a specific time, send the best performing version.
Quick steps that will help you set up the Pretest mode. The first few steps are the same as when you are testing versions.
- In Moments, select Create Broadcast.
- Select the channel you want to use for this communication and Enable A/B Testing.
- Click Add Version to create another version of your communication. You can create up to 4 variations.
- Enable Pretest mode and select the winning criteria to determine the most successful version (it will differ depending on the channel; for some channels, the only way to include the winning criteria is to use the URL shortener).
- Select the size of segment audiences by manually entering the Test Segment Percentage; the winning version is sent to the rest of the audience. All versions will be split randomly between the audience segments in equal proportions.
Check the A/B Test Result
On the All Communications page, select a finished broadcast campaign to see its performance. Click the Analyze tab for detailed information (the image below is not a representative audience sample).
If you go to the Preview page, that`s where you will find the basics: what the message looks like, how many recipients there are, time zone, when the communication started, and more. Switch between versions for data about each of them.