Send Email over Broadcast
Use Broadcast to send one-way email messages.
To send email over Broadcast, navigate to the Communicate module, click CREATE BROADCAST and then select Email as your channel.
Create Email Message
There are two ways you can create email communication:
- Import data
- Create new email
How to Import Data?
When creating a new email message by importing data, you can upload a file, or choose between broadcast templates or existing broadcasts. Templates help you avoid repetitive work if you send similar messages weekly or even daily.
Learn more about Broadcast.
How to Compose an Email Message?
1. Navigate to the Communicate module, click CREATE BROADCAST and select Email as your channel. Name your email campaign.
2. Choose recipients from People. You can add recipients or choose a segment or tag as an audience.
Learn more about Target.
3. Select the sender email address which you want to use.
Once you enter it, there will appear a drop-down option below the address with the question if you want to add that address.
So next time you want to send an email campaign, this address will be visible in the drop-down menu as a possible email address to use as the sender address.
You can add as many email addresses as you want within your registered domain.
4. Define the Subject of the email and edit the message content. There are several options:
- Create Custom Email – Design your email using Email Design Editor
- Choose a Template – Choose between predefined templates or your email templates in the template library
- Upload HTML file – Build your email in any HTML editor and upload it the web interface
Use placeholders to easily personalize all your customer emails. First name, address, subscription, and any other custom value is supported.
Add any document as an attachment (document, image, audio or video file)
Use advanced broadcast options to your email communication:
- Validity Period – Choose a period for message delivery during which the system will try to deliver them.
- Message sending speed – Set the number of messages to be sent within a time unit and lower the chance your email messages end up as spam or bounced.
- Send email as plain text.
- Track opens and clicks – Track who opened your email and who clicked on it. These events are then logged for reporting purposes.
- Data Payload – Store additional data which can then be connected to stored or imported contacts. Use this data to send useful information to your customers, but it also provides you with additional information regarding your customers.
- Scheduling – Schedule the email campaign for a specific date and time.
- Delivery time window – Set the time of the day during which messages will be delivered to the recipient.
5. When finished designing your email, click ANALYZE to check communication summary and preview how your email will look in desktop and mobile modes.
Infobip email spam filter checks your email content against its list of predefined rules and algorithms to determine if the message is spam before you can send emails.
Once you click Test, you will get the results. The spam score will show more details if the spam value is too high for which it is advisable to take corrective actions on your campaign to reduce the probability of an email being marked as spam. If no additional details are shown, it is safe to launch the campaign.