The first step in getting started with Things is to order your SIM cards which will be placed inside your IoT devices. You can create new orders directly in the web interface in a quick and simple manner.
To start a new order, navigate to the Things module and click ORDER SIM CARDS. Here you’ll be presented with the order screen in which you can provide the basic information for your order.
Your order summer will display your final payable amount.
||Provide all the country names when your IoT devices will be operational. This is important to align with the correct MNOs to ensure smooth cross-border usage.
||Provide the quantity of SIMs you require for this batch. There is no minimum or maximum to the quantity you can order. For trialing we advise 2 SIM cards data limit set to 200MB.
This is the type of connectivity that your IoT devices support.
- NB-IOT – This is beneficial for wide and lower-level connectivity areas, with longer duration of device battery needed. Note that this is not available in all countries. Check with your account manager or sales rep for more information.
- LTE-M - This is a type of low-power wide-area network radio technology with a higher rate than NB-IOT, mobility, and voice over network.
- 2G & 3G – Most commonly used method of radio technology; Subject of shut down in the following years.
- LTE - This is more for higher bandwidth use cases. Good for streaming security video.
Select the SIM size for the batch which fit your IoT devices.
- Plastic SIM: 2FF / 3FF / 4FF
- Embedded SIM: MFF / MFF2 / QFN8 / DFN8 DFN6
||This option provides Infobip with approximate insights around data usage parameters on a monthly basis. This allows us to understand your requirement of this solution better, thus helps us innovate and provide better business models.
Once you have placed your order, you will be able to see it in the main SIMs screen. Your order will be assigned an order number and orders are sorted by descending consecutive order number. You can keep an eye on the status of orders in this screen.
In case the payment is not processed, the order is automatically rejected.