Improve Customer Care Responsiveness
Whether you're in retail, e-commerce, travel, logistics, or any other business which entails constant communication with customers, forwarding their calls to specialized agents can prove crucial for the following:
- informing customers about product availability
- providing order status information
- advising about travel plans and arrangements
- providing support via phone calls
With the Forward call action on our web interface, you are on your way to improve customer satisfaction: you can offer your customers a Voice number they can call whenever it is convenient for them, or you can call your customers and connect them with agents standing ready to provide full support, free of charge. Depending on your agents` shifts and availability, you can choose to alert more of them at the same time, or one by one, until the call is answered and the customer and agent are connected.
This use case will show how to build an Inbound IVR Flow with the Forward call action. Inbound calls will go to an Infobip Voice number. Depending on the option the end users select, they will be forwarded to one or more phone numbers.
Create a simple Inbound IVR Flow. Use the Play element to welcome your end users with a message and offer them an option to talk to your agents. Use Collect element to gather their input, and based on it, branch the flow further.
Learn more about Play and Collect.
Steps over web interface
1. Add Start Inbound Call entry point, and select the Infobip Voice number leased to you. This is the number where you will receive the calls.
2. Select the Play element to welcome users who are calling you.
3. With Collect, you can branch the flow and forward inbound calls to your agents.
In the next 3 steps, the Forward call element is used to forward the incoming calls to your agents.
4. When your end users press 1, they will be forwarded to one agent only.
5. When your end users press 2, they will be forwarded to three agents whose numbers will ring one at a time, until one of the agents picks up or until we reach the end of the list. You can set up a ringing time for these numbers (e.g. 20 seconds).
6. If your end users press 3, they will be forwarded to two agents whose numbers will ring at the same time.
Learn more about Forward call.
Before forwarding call to you agents, add additional Play actions, where you will announce to your users that their calls will be forwarded. Instead of typing in the text that you want your users to hear, record an audio with some pleasant, maybe prominent (celebrity), voice that will cheer up your callers. Upload that audio file in the section „Audio file“ of the Play action.