At Infobip we dream big. Last year, over half of the world’s population interacted with businesses through the Infobip platform. It didn’t happen by chance: through 60+ offices on 6 continents, we are truly committed to helping our 200 000 enterprise clients reach and engage mobile users. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Our use case is specific. We are solving complex problems for global brands. If our services are down, our clients send messages through other providers. And when our competitors have troubles in production, we have to be the most reliable provider to get the majority of their traffic. We avoid big release dates and deploy to production when you finish a task in your sprint. It is an in-house developed product so there is no contract forcing you to guerilla develop now and troubleshoot later. As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, load balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
What your job will be like:
- As a software engineer, you will work in agile team, responsible for certain product. You‘ll be using cutting edge solutions (Spring Boot, Docker, Redis, Continuous Delivery) for creating and maintaining highload distributed services that are part of our messaging platform.
- As a Senior profile specialist we expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included.
- You will work on demanding tasks which require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge.
- As a team leader you will define, prioritize and distribute tasks between team members in cooperation with Product Owner and guide team to optimal technical solution when necessary.
- You will also give performance feedback to your team members on Performance Review Sessions twice a year and conduct check-ins when needed.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
- You care about motivation and career development of your team.
More about you:
- You have 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring and related technologies
- Experience with any frontend framework is a plus, we use React with Redux and Typescript.
- You know how to build highload distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You have formal or informal leadership experience within Agile team.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
- If you wish to be a part of the team with no leading it, let's discuss that.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!