At Infobip we dream big. This year, over half of the world’s population interacted with businesses through the Infobip communication platform. It didn’t happen by chance: through 60+ offices on 6 continents, we are truly committed to helping our 200k enterprise clients reach and engage mobile users. Today we have 8 global engineering sites with 370+ members in Engineering and Product Development teams. Next step in our future scaling will be establishing our brand-new engineering site in Katowice. Join us in driving the continuous success of Infobip by working closely with our engineering teams to deliver world class in-house developed products.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
In less than 10 years, we have rapidly grown from three brave founders into an international IT company. To ensure healthy, stable growth, it is essential to continue nurturing the leadership mindset and optimally organize and scale our software engineering teams. As a first Engineering Team Leader, you will be the helping hand to our Regional Engineering Lead in building completely new engineering site in Katowice from scratch.
You will focus on building the first team by bringing best talents, guide them and help them to become a high performing team. Additionally, you will act as a true technical influencer by providing technical support and excellence to your team. When needed, you will write code and act as a role model to your team members.
By being recognized as a culture champion and true leader you will impact further company scaling through your high performing team.
More about your job and influence:
- As a team leader, you will lead an agile team, which will work on development and maintenance of A2P communications channels connecting enterprise clients with end users over mobile operators. The project will develop and integrate features for communication channels such as Apple Business chat, Facebook Messenger and Line.
- You will guide your team to delivery of optimal technical solution by defining, prioritizing and distributing tasks between team members taking in consideration individuals’ competencies and interest, as well as business needs in cooperation with dedicated Product Manager.
- You will also take responsibility of retaining your team members by establishing a stable, motivating and engaging environment in which they will gladly stay.
- As a technical influencer in the team and senior specialist, we expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included.
- You will be using cutting edge solutions (Java 13, Spring Boot, React, Kafka) for creating and maintaining high load distributed services that are part of our messaging platform.
- You will work on demanding tasks which require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge. Also, you will be responsible for the knowledge transfer between the teams that currently work on the project and teams that will take ownership of the product.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You built high performing team which is delivering per commitment and receiving positive feedback from the Product Manager and other stakeholders connected with your product.
- Your team members have their long-term career path defined and are constantly growing through guidance, mentoring and regular feedback. You don’t have low performers in the team and you recognize your best members.
- Your team members are trusting you and share open feedback with you at all times.
- You are example to your team in writing well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement. All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- Your team comes with high quality ideas at regular retrospective session which are highly adopted and implemented.
More about you:
- You’re fluent in English and Polish.
- You led agile teams before.
- You enjoy working with people and you easily build trust.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Java, Spring and related technologies (experience with any frontend framework is a plus, we use React with Redux and Typescript).
- You know how to build high load distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
- Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
- Opportunity knocks. Often – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we work together with you on your personal growth! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow– Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
- Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, regular salary and performance reviews, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!