India local and international DLT registration
The following section outlines the essential steps for both local and international DLT registration in India.
Local DLT registration
"Local" in this context refers to the domestic registration process, which is intended to guide Indian clients through the steps required for DLT registration to ensure the smooth flow of traffic:
- To send messages to India, local clients need to register on the Operator's DLT Portal platform and obtain the PE ID, which stands for Principal Entity ID.
- After logging in or registering on the DLT platform, clients should continue to register the Header/Sender and Template in the Operator's DLT Portal, as these are critical components for sending messages while adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Once the initial registration is complete, they should export the registered details in a .CSV format and provide this file to the dedicated Infobip Account Manager.
- Following the receipt of the .CSV file from the client, their respective Infobip Account Manager will configure or link these details at their end. This configuration establishes the necessary connections with the operators, allowing the traffic to flow smoothly and ensuring compliance with the DLT regulations.
- Subsequently, once the configuration is complete, the client can send messages using the method that suits their compatibility, such as API or SMPP, ensuring a streamlined and compliant messaging process.
Alternatively, in case you want to configure it manually, you can also upload the same file from the Operators DLT Portal to the Infobip portal by doing the following:
- Login to portal.infobip.com
- Go to Channel and Numbers.
- Select DLT Data Management.
- To start, you will need to add the PE ID by selecting Add Entity. An option will appear to add PE ID and the Sender ID. Once done, the page will refresh and your Sender ID will be on the list.
- To add the template, click the Sender ID and click Add Template. This will enable adding the template name, template ID and the template message.
International DLT registration
For international traffic to flow, there are typically two methods or approaches that can be employed:
- If the client has a local entity established in India, they can send traffic to India by following the same registration process on the DLT platform as outlined in the local procedure.
- If the client does not have a local entity in India, reach out to the dedicated Account Manager to configure the account.
Based on the setup and arrangements with their vendor, the passage of international traffic will be facilitated while adhering to the necessary regulations and compliance measures.
For international senders, it is important to note that Alpha Sender IDs are generally not supported, and there is no sender registration process for them. Instead, all sender IDs are typically converted to short codes.
Additionally, it is typically not allowed to send promotional messages via international routes.
If you encounter any difficulties related to the DLT platform, contact [email protected] or contact the dedicated Account Manager.