Complete each of the following sections sequentially.
Contact your Infobip Account Manager to get started with AI Recommendations.
Enable AI Recommendations
- On the Infobip web interface, go to Content > AI Recommendations.
- Make sure that the statuses of each of the following sections show Available.
- Click Activate.
- In the window that is displayed, click Accept to agree to the legal statement.
Upload Person Profiles
You must set up the audience for whom you want to send product recommendations. To do so, upload Person profiles in People.
- On the Infobip web interface, go to the People module.
- Import person profile information.
- To update the people profiles, use one of the following:
Upload Product Catalog
The list of products that are recommended to end users is obtained from your product catalog on the Infobip web interface.
If you already have a catalog on the Infobip web interface, make sure that the catalog follows these criteria:
- In the Catalog template field, the type is Products.
- The following fields for each catalog item contain the correct information. The end user can view the information in these fields in the recommended products message. Information in other catalog fields will not be displayed in the message.
To create a new catalog, follow these steps:
- On the Infobip web interface, go to Content > Catalogs.
- Create a new catalog:
- In the Catalog template field, choose Products.
- The Custom Catalog Fields section contains predefined fields that are required for product recommendations. You cannot modify these fields.
- Any additional catalog fields that you add will not be displayed in the recommended products message that you send to end users.
- Add products to the catalog. You must enter information in each of the following predefined fields so that the recommendations are displayed correctly. The end user can view the information in these fields in the recommended products message.
- Name: Name of the product
- Image: Link to the image of the product. The end user can see this image in the message
- Link: The link to the product on your website, mobile app, and other services. End users can click this link in the message to view the product
- Description: Summary of the product
- Price: Decimal number
- Language: The language in which the recommendations message is sent
Information in other catalog fields will not be displayed in the recommended products message.
The catalog is now ready to use to recommend products to end users.
Track Profile Behavior
Use the Template events, which are available in People, to track product-related actions that end users take on your website, mobile app, and other services. Example: view a product, add a product to the cart, or rate a product.
Infobip uses the following Template events to calculate product recommendations:
These events have predefined fields that you cannot change. However, you can include additional attributes to these events.
You can use the tracking information to segment your audience. Example: You can select all the people who have made a purchase and send them the product recommendation message.
Send the Message
Use communication channels on Infobip solutions to create and send the message that contains recommendations.
Currently, Infobip supports the 'Recommended for you' recommendation type. These recommendations show the most relevant products for the end user based on that person's interaction with products on the website, mobile app, and other services.
You can design the layout of the message. Example: you can choose horizontal or vertical layout, determine the number of recommended products, and number of products in each row.
The following sections describe how to use Infobip solutions to send the recommendations.
You can send product recommendations through the following channel in Moments:
Follow these steps:
- Create your campaign. Choose email as the communication channel. Use the tracking information that you configured to segment your audience. Example: You can select all the people who have made a purchase and send them the product recommendation message.
- Use the Product Reco's widget.
- Choose the Product catalog and Recommendation type.
- Design the Layout. Example: horizontal or vertical layout, number of recommended products in the message, and number of products in each row.
- After completing the flow, launch it.
For more information, refer to the documentation about the Product Reco's widget.
Analyze the Results
You can view detailed analytics in the Infobip solutions.
Use Moments (FLOW) to analyze the results of your campaign.
You can perform an A/B test to compare the number of clicks for static and AI recommendations.
- Send an email with static recommendations and another email with personalized AI recommendations.
- Compare the number of clicks by end users.
In the following example of an A/B test, the Total clicks and Unique clicks fields show an increase when using AI Recommendations.