Engage With Customers Using Geotargeting
Use geo-contextual targeting to notify app users near your stores of current promotions and limited-time offers, using push notifications to prompt a visit.
Moments, the Infobip customer engagement platform, helps you easily trigger promotional push notifications at the exact moment your mobile app audience enters defined geolocation near your store.
This tutorial explains how to create simple geotargeting flow on the web interface and send promo notification right on time.
Steps over web interface
1. Log in to Infobip web interface and create a new flow from scratch. As flow entry point choose One-time audience and select your audience (all people with promo tag inside their profile should receive the promo offer).
2. Choose Send Push notification element and enter the application name, title, and desired content.
Enrich your push notification using rich media and emojis. Use placeholders and make each message personalized (e.g. use end user's firstname).
3. Click on Advanced options and create a location under Geographic area.
For better user experience and meeting the clients’ expectations, the minimum radius of geofence should be set between 100 - 150 meters.
4. To set Active Time Window (the monitored time for the area) uncheck All day check box and set up time frame, for ex. 08:00-20:00 from Monday to Friday. This way you are sure that notifications are sent only during your working hours.
5. After validating, click on Scheduling button and define the timeline for the communication.