Send Real-Time Travel Notifications
Push notifications are one of the best ways for travel brands to connect with travelers (for leisure or business) throughout their trip. From travel policy reminders and check-in notices, to travel alerts and notifications about flight disruptions, no other communication channel can deliver the same immediate impact when it comes to communication with the traveler.
Push notifications can be used to not only notify the traveler about disruptions but are also a great channel to engage with the traveler by offering ancillary services that provide top-notch travel experience and increase the loyalty to your brand. An additional bag for travelers with kids or more convenient flight options could not only increase your top line revenue but create a loyal customer who will stay with your brand for a long time.
This use case will demonstrate how to create a flow to engage your travelers and provide them with information about different ancillaries and other options for great travel experience.
Steps over web interface
1. Create a flow with People event as the starting point. This enables you to automatically add customers to your flow based on external triggers such as specific tags assigned to people profiles.
2. In the next step select people with the profile tag „AncillariesAvailable“ for instance. Select Send Push notification and fill the required data:
For push notification to be more noticeable you can add Image URL. Add parameters to your custom payload as well.
TIP: You can use placeholders in custom payload to send additional data to your mobile application. For instance, this can be a PNR number. More information on how to add attributes to user profile.
3. Add Pause element and define the waiting period of your flow. Set it to 3 days.
4. Check if the end user has already made a purchase by reviewing the tag. If the ancillaries have not been purchased yet, send a reminder with another push notification.
If the traveler purchased ancillaries you need to delete “AncillariesAvailable” tag from the traveler profile. More information on how to delete tags from user profile.
If your back-office system exposes web services, you can use Call API element in the flow to retrieve data from it. Call API is used to communicate with a third-party system like CRM or any other system that holds the data about your customers. It enables the flow to receive information whether a purchase was made or not, and to adjust customer journey based on the retrieved information.
Follow these steps to configure everything necessary for the Call API element:
- Enter the HTTP(S) URL – this should be a URL to the API service on your platform where the information about the trip is stored (such as https://api.backoffice-system.local/tripinfo).
- Choose a METHOD – in most cases, POST and GET will do. In this case use POST.
- Click Add Key Value Pair to set HEADER - be sure to include PNR number into your request. You can use TRAVELER_PNR as key and choose a value for it.