Shop with eCommerce and Retail Chatbot
Help your customers find great deals and let them make a purchase right away. Use chatbots to grab customers’ attention, simplify choices, and improve their shopping experience by recommending products they’re interested in.
You can use this type of conversational commerce at any stage of the customers journey. Additionally, you can implement this use case to fit any messaging app you use to interact with your customers.
Our chatbot building platform, Answers, is available over the following channels: Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, LINE, LiveChat, RCS, and SMS. Contact your dedicated Account Manager to enable these channels over Infobip.
This use case shows how to implement a chatbot to suggest products to customers and offer a quick purchase with a link.
- Enable Call API connection to the retailer
- Make sure the client is integrated with the payment provider
- Design the flow of the dialogs
Steps over Web Interface
Log in to the web interface and navigate to the Answers module.
Click NEW CHATBOT and name your chatbot.
Create intents, if you need them. Otherwise, you can use the Default dialog as the entry point for all end users and offer them choices where to go next in their shopping story.
As the dialogs branch according to end-user choices, you will need keywords to be able to process user input. Create all necessary keywords needed in the dialogs.
- After you’ve created the keywords, create attributes. Values the customer receives as top products recommended to them are saved as attribute values. Create URL attributes as the chatbot retrieves links from your online store and forwards them to your customer.
- You can start building dialogs now. Use the Default dialog to receive all incoming messages.
Add the User Input element to process what is that customer is interested in and branch the conversation accordingly.
After the customer selects what top three products they want to see, use the Call API to retrieve information from your system (online shop or other). For example, top three trending products.
- Save the results in the attribute you created for these values and use the Send text element to forward these top three results to the customer.
- Use the User input element again to process customer’s choices. If the customer decides to purchase any of the products you suggested, redirect the customer to the Payment dialog and send them the purchase this item link.
- Use the Webhook with the third-party system so once the customer payed for the item, you will receive information about the payment.
If the payment is successful, route the chatbot conversation to the Confirmation dialog and send both the customer and the retailer that the purchase was successfully completed. To send the confirmation to the customer (end user), use the Send text element. To send the confirmation to the retailer, use Call API.
To close the deal, once customers purchase their item, offer FAQ in case they may have additional questions regarding shipping, changing their delivery address, etc. If you really want to step it up a notch, on top of Answers implement Conversations to connect your customer with a live agent regarding detailed questions and orders.