Win Back Cart Abandoners
Two main challenges exist related to cart abandonment: Getting shoppers back to their abandoned carts and motivating them to finish the buying process once they return to your website.
Website visitors often leave their shopping carts and forget about them the very next minute. They either get either distracted, indecisive, or something else. Whatever the reason (shipping cost, unwanted registration, payment security concerns), with a well thought out communication, chances are they will find their way back.
Help your future customers rethink their actions - send them an engaging reminder to let them know they have left something behind. And do it smart by including all the items from the cart.
With this use case, we will show you how to detect when your customers leave something in their cart and how to engage them through different channels.
Event tracking is possible when customers are logged in to your website.
Now, before you start building your own cart abandonment automated flow, you should go to Target and create the New Event Definition. For example, use itemAddedToCart as an event that will trigger other actions in the communication flow. (You will need to do the same for every event you plan to add to your communication.)
Once you have created the New Event Definition and got your definition ID, go back to the Web SDK library and copy the tracking method code to the body of your website.
Steps over Web Interface
1. In the Communicate module (on the navigation bar), click CREATE FLOW and Start from Scratch.
2. As your starting point, select Trigger > People Real-Time Event.
3. Click People Real-Time Event element to select your previously configured itemAddedToCart behavior. This is now an event that your communication flow will be waiting for.
4. To follow campaign metrics closely, set a communication goal. Keep in mind that goals can be set/changed after the flow starts.
Let`s choose a PurchaseFinished event as a goal (this event we have previously defined in Event Definitions).
Now you have an overall goal that will help you get data about your campaign. The next step on the Flow canvas, after the itemAddedToCart event, would be to add the PurchaseFinished as the main event we are waiting for. Once the customer completes the checkout process, the flow will record that information.
For shoppers who don`t complete the purchase, set 1-day wait time before sending an email:
We noticed that you didn't finish your purchase, and we don't want you to miss out on these great items. So, if you complete your purchase within the next 12 hours, you get free shipping and an additional 5% discount.
Consider the possibility that the email might not be your customer`s channel of preference. After you have waited for a day, try using some other channel to send a reminder. For instance, you could choose to send an SMS message.
6. Your communication is pretty much ready. Click FLOW SETTINGS at the bottom of the page and click Frequency to enable the same person to reenter the flow more than once. While you are there, choose after how many hours, days, or weeks this person should reenter the flow and how many times within that specified period because you would not want to overwhelm your customers with reminders.
Finally, use Scheduling to select Run this flow indefinitely. All event-based flows are meant to run indefinitely until you choose to stop them.
7. VALIDATE and LAUNCH your communication! If at any point you want to see the campaign metrics, click the View Flow Performance inside your flow and the screen will appear with the campaign data.
Transform all your customer data into messaging moments using multiple channels and targeted messaging.
Reach more customers with faster, more reliable messaging.
Manage and create emails with a single, integrated platform.
Create rich customer profiles for more targeted communication.