10DLC (10-digit long code) is a long number for business messaging in the US. 10DLC requires a special registration process and must be compliant with US messaging guidelines. It was developed as a substitute for businesses that were using P2P numbers for A2P messaging.
You should consider using 10DLC if you are currently:
- Getting started with messaging and want to see how SMS in the US can help your business
- Sharing the use of a short code either for multiple, different use cases, or with other businesses
- Using a long code (also known as a virtual mobile number) to send P2P messages
- Using a short code but not getting the value from it based on cost
Infobip as 10DLC provider
Within the 10DLC ecosystem, Infobip is a single-stop shop. Infobip provides the following services:
- You can buy numbers in Infobip or over the API. For more information, see Numbers.
Campaign and brand registration
- You can submit your Brand and Campaign information in Infobip.
- The Infobip team ensures your Brand and Campaign are registered with the mobile network operators and The Campaign Registry (TCR). Infobip is registered as a Campaign Service Provider (CSP) with TCR.
- You can send and receive SMS and MMS messages over Infobip. Infobip is registered as a Direct Connect Aggregator (DCA) with TCR. For traffic to some networks, Infobip uses the underlying provider, also known as Secondary DCA.
- Find more information, see SMS.
- Brand vetting can be requested from the Infobip team.