Compliance and guidelines
You must comply with the following Messages for Business channel policies. For more information, refer to the policy and user experience documentation on the Apple website.
- Provide access to a live agent during your regular business hours. You must not provide a limited or bot-only solution.
- Offer comparable customer service over Messages for Business as you would provide over telephone support.
- Do not send unsolicited messages.
- If you want to send important notifications related to your customer's account status or previous transactions, you must send the following notification first: "We will send important notifications related to your account status or transactions. Send 'Unsubscribe' to manage your message preferences."
- Support subscribe and unsubscribe operations so that customers can select or deselect notification types.
- Do not send marketing information, promotional offers, or information related to products or services that the customer has not purchased unless the customer has sent 'Subscribe' and provided permission.
- When customers delete a conversation, you must not send them further messages unless they initiate conversation with you again.
- Use and respond to standardized trigger words. Use the following table as a guide. Use the primary term in text that you send to customers and support alternative words that customers send.
|Primary trigger word
|Alternative trigger word
|Reach a live agent
|View a menu or list of available items
|Manage message preferences
|spam, stop, end