Create a Broadcast
To create a Broadcast from scratch, follow these steps:
1. Log in to Infobip web interface.
2. Navigate to Moments > Communications > Create Broadcast.
3. Choose a channel.
4. Select recipients, sender, and enter a message.
5. Enter desired date and time for campaign.
6. Adjust tracking options.
7. Optimize sending speed and validity period.
8. Name your draft, save it, and continue to preview.
9. Check all information and launch your Broadcast.
Create Broadcast templates to reduce repetitive work.
There are two ways to create templates:
1. While creating a Broadcast, click Save template at the bottom of the page.
2. Other option is to go to Moments > Templates > Create template.
All templates are saved in Moments > Templates. Each template has an icon showing the tags, channel, name, and number of communications in which it has been used. You can duplicate it, edit, delete, and create Broadcasts from templates.
Add failover to SMS
Failovers allow you to set up a backup method of communication in case the primary method of communication fails. In Broadcast, you can enable failover to SMS so that end-user receive text messages if the first method of contact bounces.
You can use SMS failover with Viber, RCS, and Zalo Broadcasts.
Failover to SMS enablement is done during the creation of a Broadcast. Follow the steps below to enable it.
1. When creating a new Broadcast, in the create screen, scroll down to the Failover to SMS section, and use the toggle to enable it.
2. On doing so you'll be able to set up failover parameters. Note that failover in Broadcast only offers the option to failover to SMS, unlike in Flow where you can failover to multiple channels.
3. Set the sender from which the failover SMS will be sent, and provide the message to be sent including and unique identifiers and placeholders in the body content.
4. Once you click Continue to preview, use the Failover view in the editor to get a preview of what your failover SMS will look like to end-users on their mobile device.
Personalize messages with placeholders
Messages can be personalized regardless of the channel if you use placeholders. Choose any number of placeholders to personalize your messages.
Placeholder values are filled from the People profile of each person. If a value is not available, an empty space will be displayed instead. Placeholders can be default ones like first and last name, but you can also set anything your business case requires. This can be defined in People > Configuration > Person custom attributes .