Here you’ll find the complete process on how to start using web push notifications with Infobip. In this section, you will follow the steps on how to set up a connection to your web pages and the steps required thereafter.
Enable Web Push Notifications
Contact your Infobip point of contact to enable Web Push Notifications. You will not need to go through any 3rd party approval procedures.
Add Web Page
Web pages are the locations on your website where you are going to generate your web push notifications and display them to page visitors.
To add a new web page, navigate to Apps > Web Push Notifications and use the Add Webpage option.
tags. Your token is already placed inside the code.
- Provide the name of your web page. This is the name that will appear throughout the web interface for selection when creating your communications.
- Provide the domain where the web push notification is to be displayed. Make sure to include 'www' in the domain.
- Add a website icon. Make sure to keep the dimensions square, with a minimum size of 256px by 256px (aspect ratio 1:1). Use .png files only.
- For Chrome and Firefox, you'll need to provide your vapid keys to avoid any preventions in sending web push notifications.
- For Apple devices, or any devices using Safari, provide your web notifications push ID.
- The last step is to insert the automatically generated script into your web page. Copy the code and insert it between your web page's
Once you've added the script to your page and closed the popup, you'll see that your web page has been added and it will be available here from now on for later configuration when required.
Repeat the procedure to add more web pages if required. Or use the Duplicate option in the actions toggle if you need to replicate a web page. You can then go back and edit the duplicated WPN as required.
Once you have completed the above steps, you can start sending web push notifications straight away.