To use RCS for business communication, you must follow the official procedure to get approval.
Follow the instructions in each section of this page in the same sequence.
Provide the following information in the Service Qualification Form:
- Company name**
- Recipient countries
- Company description** (Maximum 100 characters)
- Hexadecimal codes of the brand color ** (Minimum 4.5:1 contrast ratio relative to white)
- Company website**
- Customer-facing email address**
- Customer-facing phone number**
- Customer-facing URL for the Terms of Service**
- Company logo** (Image size: 224 px x 224 px. Format: JPEG. Maximum file size: 30 KB)
- Hero image** (Image size: 1440 px x 448 px. Format: JPEG. Maximum file size: 120 KB)
- Official or legal company name
- First name, last name, job title, and email address of the point of contact
- RCS-capable Android device
- Labels for phone, website, and email
**This information is displayed to customers in RCS conversations.
Infobip submits an official registration request to the RCS technology providers.
The registration process typically takes 2–3 business days. You will receive an email notification about successful registration from the RCS technology provider.
You can now test the connection.
You can test your registered RCS sender and connection either in the web interface or by using the Infobip API.
Perform the following actions:
- Turn on chat features in messages on your Android device. The device must use a safelisted mobile number provided by the carrier that you want to use for RCS communication.
- Use the safelisted number to receive test messages. During testing, only this number can receive RCS messages.
(Optional) Depending on the RCS technology provider, you may also receive a Google tester invitation. If you receive this message, click Make me a tester. You will receive a confirmation message.
Verification and launch
To initiate the launch process, provide the following information in the Launch Request Form:
- Proof of opt-in – Provide the source of your opt-in customer data. The opt-in must be from the same brand that you have registered for your agent. Otherwise, your request will not be approved. If the source is through a website or an app, provide the relevant URLs.
- Actions that trigger MT messages – Identify the events for which messages are sent to users. Example: purchase or delivery notification. Specify the time interval after which the messages need to be sent.
- Interaction types – Specify the primary and secondary interactions that are expected to occur between your agent and end users.
- Proof of opt-out action – Specify the actions that occur if a user requests to opt out of receiving further communication. If a user responds with STOP, you must confirm that you will not send them any further messages unless they opt back in.
Your agent must recognize the word STOP and/or its equivalents in the language that you use for RCS communications.
- Legal name of the brand's parent company
- Website of the brand's parent company
- Peak time intervals for your RCS communications
- Monthly number of messages, recipients, and interactions for each campaign
- Start date of the campaign
Infobip will request the RCS technology provider or MNO to verify the sender. Some MNOs need you to complete additional checks to use their services. Contact your Infobip account manager for more information.
After the launch is approved, you can send an unlimited number of RCS messages and campaigns without additional testing or clearance. You do not need to invite the contacts as testers or safelist their numbers.