Compliance and Guidelines
It is important to stay compliant when communicating with customers over Zalo. These measures include abiding by local rules and laws about customer data protection.
Non-compliance may result in being blocked from using the communication channel or being suspended permanently.
Currently, Zalo services are available only to Vietnam-based companies. However, you can send ZNS messages to customers located in other countries.
Zalo Notification Service
To send notifications over ZNS, your customers do not need to subscribe to your Zalo Official Account. However, you can contact a customer only in the following situations:
- The customer consents to being contacted and provides you a contact phone number.
- You notify the customer in advance about the purpose and conditions of sending notification messages.
One Message for each Transaction
You can send only one message about each transaction. Example: You can send only one message reminding customers about payment.
To send notification messages, you must use predefined message templates that are approved by Zalo. Your Infobip account manager will assist you in preparing for the review process.
Message templates must follow these guidelines:
- Do not use promotional, advertising, or marketing content.
- Include at least one specialized variable for transactions or account balance. Example: order code, money, or product name.
- Follow ZNS terms and guidelines defined by Zalo.
The following table provides suggestions for type of information to include in the templates:
|ZNS Use Case
- OTP to create new account
- OTP to change password
- Report that account information is complete but not verified
- Report that account is waiting for approval
- Report successful account creation
- Report expired account
|Announcements and updates about financial information
- Report successful profile creation
- Report successful profile approval
- Report successful loan disbursement
- Notify about account statement
- Notify about account balance fluctuation
- Remind customers about upcoming interest or principal payment period
- Remind customers about late payment
- Notify about successful interest or principal payment
|Notify and update about purchase and sale transactions
- Confirm OTP transaction
- Notify about out of stock product
- Confirm successful purchase
- Notify about order cancellation
- Report shipping status
- Inform about the expected delivery date
- Confirm that customer successfully received the product
- Schedule an appointment to use the service
- Report the class schedule to students
- Notify about change to appointment or class schedule