The Viber for Freshdesk app lets your customer service agents communicate with customers via the Viber channel.
Here is what you need in order to set up and use the Freshdesk app:
- An Infobip account. If you do not have one you can create one.
- An API key to enable communication between Freshdesk and Infobip.
- An oAuth token from Freshworks.
- Dedicated Viber sender. If you do not have one, request it.
How to create an API key
- Login to the Infobip portal with your account credentials.
- Click Manage API Keys.
- Click the New API Key button.
- Give the new key a descriptive name and then:
- Specify an expiration date
- List the IP addresses allowed to use the key
- Check the Public API check box
- Click Submit.
The page refreshes and displays your new key at the top of the list of any other keys that are associated with your account. Click the Copy button to copy the key to your clipboard.
To install the app, go to the Freshworks marketplace and look for Infobip Viber for Support. After you install the app you will see this page:
Enter the Freshchat oAuth, Infobip API key credentials, enter Freshchat domain and then click Next. Next you see a page displaying a drop-down with available Viber numbers. Select the number you want to use.
Click the Next button, then click Save. If you have any problems, contact [email protected]
How to Use the App
To get started, go to your Freshdesk inbox. You will notice that there is no specific Infobip Viber window in the left navigation. This is because the app is embedded natively in agent conversations.
How to Start a Conversation
To start a conversation with a customer you send an outbound message. Your message can contain both text and an image.
- Go to FreshChat People, find the customer record and click the Send Message button.
- Choose a topic and enter the message.
- Click the Send button.
If there are any problems sending the message, the agent will see an error. For example, if the customer doesn't have the Viber app then the message will not be sent and the agent will be notified of this.
Receive a Message
Agents can receive Viber messages that contain both text and images. How this looks to an agent differs slightly based on whether the customer is in the People database or not.
Messages from customers who are in the database
If an agent is contacted by a customer whose data is stored in People, then the agent will see a new conversation in their Inbox. The conversation will have the Viber channel.
Messages from customers who are not in the database
If an agent is contacted by a customer not known to People, then a new Unknown user is created and a new conversation is attached to it. The agent should add the correct customer data to their profile.