The Infobip WhatsApp & SMS app integrates your customer engagement activities in HubSpot with the Infobip SMS and WhatsApp channels. This integration gives you the ability to send SMS and WhatsApp messages to your customers directly from HubSpot.
In HubSpot Sales, you can:
- Send conversational 2-way WhatsApp messages from the embedded app in the contact
- Save activity logs for message delivery and seen status in the contact's profile
In HubSpot Automation, you can:
- Use an element in Workflows that allows you to send SMS. The element should contain a sender picker and a text area for defining message content.
- Use an element in Workflows that allows you to send WhatsApp. The element should contain a sender picker, template picker, and an additional field for defining the message content like placeholders or media URLs.
- Trigger for an SMS delivery report
- Trigger for a WhatsApp delivery and seen report
- Trigger for when an end user sends a WhatsApp message
What You Will Need
- An Infobip account. If you do not have one you can create one.
- An SMS sender. To get a dedicated sender, use the instructions for obtaining sender numbers.
- A WhatsApp sender. To get a dedicated sender, use the instructions for request sender registration.
- A HubSpot admin account
See Create an Account for more information on Infobip accounts.
Installation and Configuration
To install Infobip WhatsApp & SMS, go to the HubSpot App Marketplace and login using your admin account. Search for Infobip WhatsApp & SMS and install the app.
Once you have installed the app, and you have your Infobip account, follow these steps to link the Infobip account to HubSpot.
- Click Authorize Infobip app to get access to the HubSpot account.
- Provide an Infobip API key.
- Click Submit.
- Select the senders that you want to use in HubSpot.
- Once it's saved, you are provided with the webhooks for inbound messages and delivery reports.
- Start using the webhooks:
- If you send and receive messages over API, change the traffic routing by editing the URL to which incoming messages are forwarded
- For help with using your webhooks, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You're now ready to start using the app.
Start Conversations with WhatsApp
To start a conversations or 2-way communication using WhatsApp.
- In HubSpot, go to Contactsand click on a contact you want to talk to.
- On the right sidebar, click on WhatsApp Messages. If there are multiple senders available for 2-way communication, click on Actions and open Conversations with the customer.
- In the new window, you can start conversation with your contact. If 24 hours passed from last conversation, you need to send a template. Templates are available on the top bar of the conversation.
You receive a message status or message received status in the contact's timeline every time there's a message delivered or received.
Test Two-Way WhatsApp with Free Trial Sender
To test WhatsApp with a shared sender, use the following instructions:
- In the Infobip web interface, go to Channels and Numbers > WhatsApp.
- Click the Senders tab. The shared senders are visible on this page.
- Choose a sender and then selectEdit Configurationfrom the Action three dot menu.
- In the final app configuration step, copy the webhook URL for incoming messages.
- Send the registered keyword to the WhatsApp sender. Once this is sent, you receive confirmation that your phone number has been connected to the WhatsApp sender. If you don't receive a confirmation, contact Infobip Support.
Use Message Triggers and Actions to Automate Workflows
In HubSpot, you can use multiple triggers and actions provided by Infobip for automating your Workflows.
The triggers that are supported in HubSpot workflows are:
- Message was delivered to recipient (WhatsApp or SMS)
- Recipient sent a message (WhatsApp only)
- Send SMS action
- Send WhatsApp message action
For triggers, you can define criteria based on the user that enters the workflow. For message sent, you can also apply filters based on the message content, status, phone, and when it occurred. For message received, you can apply filters based on the message content, phone number, user or when it occurred.
For actions, there are three options:
- Send SMS
- Send WhatsApp text template
- Send WhatsApp media template
Send SMS action is simplest option that you can use. You need only to define the number you want to use for sending messages and the content that you want to send to your users. Every message can be personalized with customer data by adding Contact tokens to the message.
Send WhatsApp actions support the ability to send text and media templates to users. To learn more about sending WhatsApp messages, see the Message Types documentation.
Depending on the template you want to send to your users, a form is loaded where you can fill out placeholder content or media if you are sending media templates.
Once the workflow is activated, you can check whether your contacts have received your messages from their profile's timeline.