Microsoft Dynamics 365 for People
This guide covers how to connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 with People.
User accessibility is the foundation of effective and successful customer communication. The user data stored in Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be easily integrated with People.
Synchronization between Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Infobip platform is continuous. The attribute mapping feature takes care of the proper data matching. This leaves you time to focus on creating and sending messages to your target audience. Without having to manually import leads or contacts.
Your audience can be efficiently segmented for campaigns based on different characteristics (attributes).
What You Will Need
To start using People via Microsoft Dynamics 365, you need the following:
- Existing users need the Infobip account with Integrations Manager permissions. Please contact your dedicated Account Manager.
- New users must sign up for the Infobip account and then contact our Account Managers.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 user account with admin privileges.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration is free of charge.
To integrate People with Microsoft Dynamics 365:
- Log in to Infobip and navigate to Exchange > Dynamics 365.
Click ADD NEW INTEGRATION and copy-paste your Dynamics 365 account URL.
Authorize the Infobip app in Dynamics 365. You need to grant access to Infobip to transfer data between your Microsoft Dynamics 365 account and your Infobip account. After authorization, you are redirected to the Infobip web interface.
Make sure that the account you use for this step has Microsoft Dynamics 365 admin permissions.
- Mappings. Define what and how to sync between Dynamics 365 and People.
Entities available for mapping in Dynamics 365:
- Lead – This person is not your client, but they might become a client soon.
- Contact – This person is your client and you are doing business with them.
Since in Early Access, we only have two types of entities, Lead and Contact. Entities such as Account are not supported at this moment.
Entity available for mapping in People:
- Person – This person has their contact stored in the Infobip People module.
The integration can be one or two-sided, depending on the enabled mappings.
Available mappings for integration:
- Lead to Person
- Contact to Person
- Person to Lead
- Person to Contact
New persons from the People module will be transferred as Leads to Dynamics 365 by default. You can transfer entities from Dynamics 365 at any time. However, we advise you to complete all the steps sequentially up to the Configure Initial Transfer section. Do not click Save until you are done with the transfer section.
- Synchronization flows. Select what information you want to be a part of this integration. Click ADD FIELD. Select one from the list of attributes. These attributes are gathered from the Dynamics 365 schema to extend the list of syncing attributes.
- Default - Create new entities and update them
- Create - Use once on creating new entities
- Update - Use only to update existing information
- Make sure that the semantics of fields in Dynamics 365 and Infobip correspond to each other. If the information is not available in the mapping drop-down menu, navigate to People > Configuration to create it.
These mapping fields are all mandatory. Populate them with valid values to avoid synchronization errors. If you leave them empty or the value is invalid, that information will not be synchronized. It will be reported as an error in the log. To include records which were not part of the initial transfer, use bulk transfer.
- Configure the initial transfer. Decide who is included in the initial transfer from Dynamics 365. If you don't specify filters, all Dynamics 365 entities eligible for integration will be synced. To restrict this, apply filters.
- After mapping, set the conditions for the transfer. Click SAVE and the data will start flowing.
Check Integration Status
Under the Status tab, as part of active integration details, you can see two graphs—Integration calls and Warnings and errors.
Integration calls number of API calls on a specific date and the amount information exchanged. Warnings and errors are helpful if there are any glitches during the integration.
To pause or delete the integration, click the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
Bulk Transfer from Microsoft Dynamics 365
Perform bulk transfers manually. Navigate to the Manual transfer tab. Use this option if you want to change the mapping, include new fields in the mapping.
Tips & Tricks
The data between the two systems is always exchanged in real time. The moment you create changes or updates in one system, you will see them in the other one. The following section gives a quick overview of essential integration tips and scenarios.
Matching by Email
We use email as one of primary information to link a Lead or Contact from Dynamics 365 to a Person on the Infobip web interface.
New People Synchronization
Let's say there's a new Person in People. For example, you manually created a new Person or uploaded an Excel file into People. Let's say there is no corresponding Lead or Contact in Microsoft Dynamics 365. Then the Lead will be created in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
New Information Synchronization
The customer information and profiles you create are integrated between the two systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Infobip.
You can integrate these two systems in two ways. One is to use bulk integration. The second one is to enter new or modify existing information in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or the Infobip web interface.
Mappings are crucial, especially when you change attributes in either People or Dynamics 365. For sync to work properly, an attribute should:
- Exist in both People and Dynamics 365.
- Be defined in the mapping.
If you have added a new field in either Dynamics 365 or in the Infobip web interface, and would like to sync this, you will need to edit the mapping. The same goes if you remove a field.
If you delete an entity in Dynamics 365, that entity will also be deleted on the Infobip web interface and vice versa.
You don`t have to use the same mappings when creating new entities and when modifying the existing ones. Use one set of mappings when adding new entities. Then use another set of mappings when changing info to existing entities.