📨 Salesforce Marketing Cloud messaging
This integration is being replaced by a newer version called Messaging Channels for Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Please see the guide for details.
This article explains how to connect the Salesforce Marketing Cloud with the Infobip platform and use SMS or Viber as communication channels in your customer journeys.
What you need for this integration
- An Infobip account
- A sender for the channels you want to use
- API key
If you don't have an Infobip account, check out how to sign up. Once you have your Infobip account and have verified your phone number, you're automatically assigned test senders. Go to Apps to view your test senders.
When you finish testing and want to get dedicated senders, you can request them directly through Infobip.
How to create an API key
- Login to the Infobip portal with your account credentials.
- Click Manage API Keys.
- Click the New API Key button.
- Give the new key a descriptive name and then:
- Specify an expiration date
- List the IP addresses allowed to use the key
- Check the Public API check box
- Click Submit.
The page refreshes and displays your new key at the top of the list of any other keys that are associated with your account. Click the Copy button to copy the key to your clipboard.
- Login to Salesforce Marketing Cloud and navigate to Setup > Apps > Installed Packages.
- To add Infobip packages, click New.
- To add the customer journey action to the package, click Add Component, select the Journey Builder Activity, then click Next.
- Define the Infobip customer journey action details and save it. You can use the values listed below.
With this URL, your preconfigured Infobip Sender ID will be used. If you wish to choose between multiple senders, contact your Infobip account manager. They will provide you with the custom Endpoint URL and then you can choose a specific sender for each journey you create.
Check SMS Status
Send Viber Messages
With this URL, your preconfigured Infobip Sender ID will be used. If you wish to choose between multiple senders, contact your dedicated Account Manager. They will provide you with the custom Endpoint URL and then you can choose a specific sender for each journey you create.
Check Viber Delivery Status
Here's how to use the Salesforce Marketing Cloud through Journeys Dashboard with the Infobip SMS channel enabled.
Plugin only supports Data Extension as an entry source.
How to Send SMS
Use the Journeys Dashboard to edit the name of your journey, insert entry source, activities, and configure how your flow will look like.
Here’s how to configure your SMS sending action:
Enter your message template.
From the drop-down menu, choose MSISDN.
Paste your Infobip API key.
You can send a single test message to see everything is configured properly.
How to Send Viber Messages
Use the Journeys Dashboard to edit the name of your journey, insert entry source, activities, and configure how your flow will look like. In the bellow example a Viber to SMS failover campaign is shown.
Here’s how to configure your Viber sending action:
- Enter your message template.
- Use the Rich Content options to design a Viber message containing text, images, and buttons.
- From the drop-down menu, chose MSISDN.
- Paste your Infobip API key.
You can send a Viber test message to see everything is configured properly.
How to Configure Decision Splits
With decision splits, you can check whether your messages have been delivered or not.
- Insert the SMS or Viber status tile. This tile calls the Infobip API and will retrieve the delivery status for each message after the period defined in the flow.
Delivery reports can be pulled only once, so it’s important you are not pulling them via API as well. If you pull reports manually before Salesforce sends a request, Infobip platform will return an empty list.
- Set up waiting time. We recommend you set this time to no less than 5 minutes. All messages delivered after this period won’t be included in the delivery report.
- Insert the Decision Split tile. Click Decision Split > Add Paths > Attributes >Journey Data and then select Custom Activity.
- Drag the attribute to the filter criteria and set the rules.
Creating a decision split is the same for both SMS and Viber.
- DELIVERED_TO_HANDSET (message reached the customer)
For more detailed information, visit the Response Status and Error Codes article on our Documentation Hub.
In case you run into any challenges or issues, contact Support.