This article covers how to install the Infobip plugin to enable SMS and WhatsApp messaging in ServiceNow.
The solution offers two communication channels:
- Infobip account. If you don’t have an account, sign up. To proceed with this integration, make sure you have the Infobip admin privileges.
- SMS and/or WhatsApp sender.
- API Key.
- ServiceNow Notify Plugin.
- ServiceNow account.
Once you have your Infobip account and have verified your phone number, you are automatically assigned testing SMS, WhatsApp senders. Go to Apps to view your test senders.
When you have finished testing and you want to have dedicated senders, request one directly from Infobip web interface. Forward a request:
- Install the Infobip application from ServiceNow Store.
- Open ServiceNow Service Management and navigate to Notify > Infobip Configuration.
- On the Infobip Configuration page, paste your API Key.
This is only available for users with a role: x_infob_infobip_admin or notify_admin.
- Click Connect. This calls Infobip API to fetch all WhatsApp and SMS numbers purchased by client.
Once the Infobip API is connected, you can view the numbers that are tied to the Infobip account.
View Sender Numbers
For SMS, go to Notify > Numbers to view available numbers.
To update these numbers, go to Notify > Administration >Notify Properties.
For WhatsApp, go to WhatsApp Senders to view available sender numbers.
Create Number Group
- Navigate to Notify > Numbers Groups.
- Create a new group. For example, Infobip SMS Group. Assign it to Infobip number in the numbers table.
- For sending SMS, assign the workflow on the Outgoing SMS workflow for the Infobip SMS Group.
Associate a Number to a Number Group
- Navigate to Notify > Numbers.
- Select numbers you want and assign them to your group.
Here's how test your configuration and send messages.
- Navigate to Incidents. Under Related Links, click Send SMS. Or for WhatsApp, click Send WhatsApp Message.
- Enter the phone number you want to send the SMS to. Compose your message. For WhatsApp, select the WhatsApp sender, WhatsApp template, fill in the template parameters, and compose your message.
- Check the SMS message status, navigate under Notify > Messages. To check the WhatsApp message status, navigate to Notify > Infobip Messages.