Gen Alpha: How to win the future customer of 2030
There has been some talk about Generation Alpha, a group of tech-savvy, racially diverse, and unapologetically influential kids who will begin approaching adulthood at the end of the decade.
They’re hiding under a surface that will be completely untethered to time, space, location, or people. And while these kids aren’t in the workforce just yet, they’re already shaping the future of CX and will certainly change consumer behaviors.
As the oldest children of this generation are hitting middle school, businesses may be on the verge of running out of time. So how can you get started? The first thing you can do is transform your business strategies to focus more on diversity, sustainability, security, and personal safety.
Read on to learn more about Gen Alpha’s future expectations for CX and how businesses can start preparing to win the future costumer of 2030.
Shaping the Future of CX
With more than 2.5 million Alphas born each week, according to Mark McCrindle, the Australian demographer who created the name ‘Gen Alpha,’ there will be two billion of them by 2025. This means it would be impossible for businesses to miss them. In fact, some marketers are already noticing this generation because they are influencing their parents’ purchasing decisions and making their own.
Observing Gen Alpha members’ current online interactions is a good place to start learning about their distinct behaviors and how they’re shaping the future of CX. And while these habits might change at some point, some unique characteristics can help you connect with these kids today to build meaningful and long-term relationships with them.
- Being socially connected influences Gen Alpha significantly: This generation is used to buying things they like online. Being able to shop for them with a single click raises their expectations for enhanced digital experiences.
- Being mobile keeps them connected to the world around them: Given how young and readily influenced they are, businesses must think carefully about the experiences they provide to establish meaningful digital connections with this generation.
- Doing good makes them more conscious of environmental and social issues: Their reliance on social media empowers them to quickly see-through efforts that are not authentic or don’t assist the environment or society. Therefore, brands need to present themselves genuinely and mold their narratives carefully to leave a lasting impact.
What Alphas expect from brands
Consumers today already have high expectations of brands regarding customer engagement. In the next ten years or so, It’s expected that the way companies and customers engage will change dramatically. This places a lot of pressure on businesses to automate processes, deliver personalized experiences and become more agile.
The internet easily influences Gen Alpha’s buying habits and their parents’ purchases. It’s no surprise that, as a digital-first and tech-driven generation, they’ll use digital channels and social media to communicate with brands and make online purchases.
As these kids get older, they will expect more from businesses, including instant, frictionless, and personalized digital experiences. They will demand to be given the right information at the right time and over the channels they use to communicate with family and friends.
How to engage this generation and prepare for the future customer
By 2030, the oldest Alphas will have more direct engagement with businesses and become the primary decision-makers. Engaging them, on the other hand, will be more of a technological challenge than a generational one.
Using an omnichannel communication platform can provide you with the proper tools and channels to capture this generation’s attention and ultimately win this future customer. Here are a few tips on how you can start engaging with them:
- Provide an authentic omnichannel engagement by communicating over multiple digital channels such as WhatsApp, Viber, RCS, Apple Messages for Business, Instagram Business, and many others.
- Automate customer support with a conversational AI chatbot that can recognize customer intent and instantly provide information on any channel with a human touch
- Deliver personalized experiences by using a customer engagement solution that enables marketing automation and provides real-time insights about customers’ shopping habits
- Leverage data privacy to improve future communication and predict customers’ needs in a secure manner
Being available for customers 24 /7 and over their preferred channels puts you in a great position to build trust, loyalty, and advocacy. In the end, this means you’ll sell more!
Time to make a change
By now, we should all know that Generation Alpha is the most important and dominant generation to come. They will look for exceptional user experiences and not comprise this at any cost. Ignoring this generation means ignoring your future. You can start by creating experiences that feel authentic rather than communicating through a byproduct of corporate advertising.
If you’re ready to harness the power of omnichannel communication and make sure your business is prepared for Gen Alpha, take a look at how Infobip can help you transform your communication strategies to win the customer of 2030.