Retail marketing automation can help you earn a greater return on your marketing budget. In this post we’ll explore how our retail marketing automation checklist helps you to reward customers spending time on your site, drive sales, and increase customer lifetime value.
Why implement retail marketing automation?
Omnichannel marketing automation enables real-time engagement with behavior-based triggers – allowing your brand to interact with your customers when they expect you to.
Using a mobile-first omnichannel marketing automation hub not only enables you to up your customer engagement game, but also lets you:
- Connect, integrate, and store data from all sources in one place – right from your customers’ names to preferences
- Segment your customers based on the data collected
- Build, personalize, and schedule messaging campaigns
- Manage and expand your set of preferred channels with the ability to message in real time
- A/B test, report, and analyze the results of your marketing automation efforts on sales
Which parts of marketing should you automate?
These are some of the most popular campaigns you can automate as a retail marketer:
- Welcoming new users
- Win back cart abandoners
- Recently viewed items campaign
- Post-order and delivery campaign
- Reengage lapsed customers
- Replenishment reminders
- Loyalty campaigns
- Special occasion campaigns
The benefits of marketing automation
- Increase customer lifetime value: actively engage customers at every stage of the customer journey, increasing lifetime value
- Form lasting connections: Make customers feel valued through personalized engagement, which is relevant and timely, across all channels and touchpoints.
- Customer journey automation: Increase efficiency by setting automatic triggers that drive marketing teams’ productivity and optimize the entire customer journey.
- Omnichannel capabilities: Make sure your customers never miss out on anything important by managing communications such as cart abandonment, reminders, or failed deliveries over multiple channels. For example, if a high-value customer has abandoned a purchase, why just send an email? Send them an SMS or a WhatsApp message to prompt instant and effective action.
- Boost loyalty: Nudge customers to continue shopping automatically rather than waiting for them to come back.
In order to experience these benefits, you need a reliable and trustworthy omnichannel customer engagement hub, which is scalable and allows you to handle a high volume of messages over multiple channels.
Our omnichannel customer engagement hub, Moments, allows you to do just this, automating your customer journey with triggered real-time communication, based on the customer data you’ve collected.
Download our retail marketing automation checklist
To kickstart your retail marketing automation planning, download Your Retail Marketing Automation Checklist, and start achieving superior customer engagement.
Download the checklist by clicking on the image below.