Angel Broking: Digitally transforming stock broking with WhatsApp
of customers now engage via WhatsApp
Broker requires interactive onboarding and communication channel targeting digital natives
Angel Broking is one of the largest retail broking houses in India in terms of active clients on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) – as of June 30, 2020 (CRISIL Report).
The firm wanted to digitize its offering and appeal to tech savvy people who are new to stock trading and looking to start their trading journey.
To do this, Angel Broking needed a two-way, real-time digital messaging solution enabling customers to onboard conveniently, trade easily, and resolve their queries quickly.
The channel needed to provide:
- Easy onboarding via a platform with wide consumer adoption.
- Ease of use for customers looking to access educational resources, add funds, find research picks, and trade-on-the go quickly.
- Real-time communication for faster service updates and better customer query handling.
- Two-way communication for more interactive and automated customer engagement.
- Reliable service to customers, with wide and growing channel adoption in India.
- Fast, frictionless connections between customers and an authorized person.
- Use of rich media for superior customer experiences and engagement.
WhatsApp Business enables fast, secure onboarding and messaging
WhatsApp is the fastest growing channel in India and, after assessing the options, it was identified as the ideal channel for achieving Angel Broking’s objectives.
- Easy opt-in and onboarding.
- Fast, secure, two-way communication.
- Real-time security alerts and service notifications.
- One-on-one support: responding to customer-initiated conversations.
- Media message templates to create automated rich notifications, including downloadable documents, images, video, location sharing, and more.
- Interactive message templates, including speedy onboarding for newly registered users.
- Verification codes to create a reliable verification system using two-way communication.
Following a brief discovery phase to clearly identify Angel Broking’s objectives, we used the Infobip WhatsApp Business API to design a customized WhatsApp Business solution tailored to the specific requirements and use cases.
These use cases included facilitating key activities and tasks across the trading journey, such as:
- Customer onboarding: facilitating onboarding with automated welcome messages that feature engaging rich media content.
- Informing and educating customers: providing access to online and downloadable content to help inform, educate, and assist customers, including information on how to transact, quick guides, research picks, and more.
- Stock trading: customers can get personalized advice via quick buttons, or by selecting from option lists.
- Customer support: allowing customers to make queries and receive real-time, one-on-one support across their onboarding, learning, and trading activities.
Digital customer experience enables rapid onboarding and real-time support
With WhatsApp Business, Angel Broking is bringing stock broking to a new demographics and digital-first customers.
Key success metrics to date include:
- More than a third of customers (39%) now onboarded via the WhatsApp channel
- 70% of onboarded WhatsApp customers are new to stock trading
- Almost half of customers (47%) engage via WhatsApp each month
Angel Broking now provides a reliable and engaging digital customer experience – via a two-way communication channel that’s increasing service adoption and customer engagement.
Established in 1987, with headquarters in Mumbai, Angel Broking is a financial services company providing broking and advisory services, margin funding, loans against shares, and financial products. The company is one of the largest retail broking houses in India in terms of active clients on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) – as of June 30, 2020 (CRISIL Report).