Expanding your business globally with WhatsApp Business Platform
Explore how WhatsApp Business Platform can help your business expand globally and reach customers worldwide.
Extending your business overseas can help you attract new customers and generate more sales, as well as give you a competitive advantage in your industry. If you’re looking to expand your business globally, WhatsApp Business Platform could be the solution you need to get you there.
In this blog we’ll explore the benefits of the WhatsApp for business app (WhatsApp Business) and the WhatsApp Business Platform API. You’ll learn how they can help you reach potential customers worldwide and their benefits in transforming your business’ customer communication.
The power of WhatsApp Business App
As the most popular global mobile messenger app, WhatsApp is a market leader in the instant messaging space, making it the go-to platform to connect with your customers. If you’re wondering why you should use WhatsApp Business App, really we’d ask why you wouldn’t. Just like the standard version, WhatsApp Business App is free to download on both Android and iPhone, and is designed with small business owners in mind.
WhatsApp Business App can enhance your customer service by allowing you to directly interact with customers through a channel they’re familiar with. You can send order updates and promotions, as well as support your customers if they run into any issues. But that’s not all. WhatsApp Business App goes beyond your standard messenger app. You’ll be able to optimize your profile to share information about your company, such as your business address, answer common questions and link to your website. You’ll also be able to use the status feature to share your latest content, just as you would with Instagram or Facebook.
Reaching customers across the globe
If your engagement rate is suffering and you’re stuck on how to connect with your customers, WhatsApp Business could be the solution. Unlike scheduled email newsletters or social media posts, WhatsApp Business is a real-time communication channel, meaning your customers are more likely to read and interact with your messages.
In fact, 80% of WhatsApp messages are seen within the first five minutes, giving you a higher chance of securing your audience’s attention, wherever they are in the world. So, if you’re looking to expand your business worldwide, WhatsApp looks like the ideal platform to connect with your customers on a global scale.
WhatsApp is available in over 180 countries and in 60 different languages, so the potential to reach new international audiences is unquestionable. Your customers can wave goodbye to waiting on hold, and instead interact with your customer service team from the same channel they’d use to interact with their personal network.
WhatsApp Business vs. WhatsApp Business API
If you’re a medium to large business looking to improve your customer service and communication, investing in the WhatsApp Business Platform, formerly known as WhatsApp Business API, may be the solution for you. You can integrate the WhatsApp Business Platform with your existing systems, with 24/7 integration support to guide you through the process.
By paying for the service, you’ll unlock more functionality than the WhatsApp Business App, including creating customer chatbots and a green tick verification to help you maintain your business’ reputation. Unlike WhatsApp Business App which is downloaded from an app store, to use the WhatsApp Business Platform you’ll need a reliable solution provider like Infobip to give your customer communication a boost.
Take a look at our guide on WhatsApp Business vs. the WhatsApp Business Platform to help you compare their benefits and features.
Get started with WhatsApp Business App
Ready to give WhatsApp Business App a try? You can get things up and running in no time to connect with your customers on a global scale.
Here, we’ll explain step-by-step how to use the WhatsApp Business App as a small business:
- Download the app: As mentioned, the WhatsApp Business App is completely free. You can download it from the Google Play Store or the App Store on Apple devices. From there, tap the WhatsApp Business App icon on your home screen to open it.
- Register: Select your country, then add your phone number in the international phone number format. You’ll then receive a 6-digit registration code via SMS or phone call. Enter your code, and you’re all set!
- Allow access to contacts/photos: You can add your contacts to the WhatsApp Business App from your phone’s contact list. If you’re looking to share photos and videos, you’ll need to allow access to these too.
- Create your account: Fill out your business’ name and category, then choose your profile picture such as your business’ icon.
- Build your profile: To set up your profile, tap ‘explore’ then Business profile. This is where you can list all the important details about your business for your customers to see, from your business address to your opening hours.
- Get chatting: You’re ready to go! Search for or select someone to contact, enter a message into the text field and send.
Advantages of the WhatsApp Business Platform
As we’ve covered, the WhatsApp Business App is great for small businesses looking to improve their customer engagement. But if you’re a larger business that uses a variety of internal systems, the WhatsApp Business Platform may be just what your business needs to thrive. In fact, 99% of chatbot and customer service interactions on our platform happen on WhatsApp, and by knowing its benefits, you’ll soon see why.
Here are just some of the advantages of investing in the WhatsApp Business Platform:
- With WhatsApp Business App, you’re limited to only four users per account. Whereas with the WhatsApp Business Platform, there is no limit to the number of users you can have – ideal if you have a large customer service team.
- You can easily integrate the WhatsApp Business Platform into your existing platforms, including Salesforce, HubSpot and Adobe.
- The WhatsApp Business Platform can save your business time by allowing you to automate your customer interactions. You can use automation to send out order confirmations and other information to customers, so your customer service team can focus on other responsibilities.
Use cases and success stories
Anghami, a music streaming service, partnered with Infobip to find the right communication method to measure and track engagement with music artists. Infobip proposed the WhatsApp Business Platform, resulting in a 265% increase in customer engagement, 97% decrease in response time, and 45% easier campaign launches.
Bolt, a ride-hailing company, partnered with Infobip to optimize their drivers’ registration process. The result was a 40% increase in conversion rate, thanks to Infobip’s flexible and scalable SaaS suite. Drivers can now register using a mobile messaging app they already know and trust, making the process friendly and efficient.
Nissan Saudi Arabia
Nissan Saudi Arabia partnered with Infobip to boost customer engagement by fully utilizing the chatbot over the website and social media channels experience. Infobip’s analytical capabilities and technical expertise catered to Nissan’s requirements with high flexibility and scalability. This resulted in a 138% increase in leads generated with a chatbot and a secure platform that meets all of their business communications needs.
Jazz, Pakistan’s largest mobile network operator, partnered with Infobip to offer WhatsApp as a self-service channel option to postpaid customers. The service was later extended to their entire subscriber base, including prepaid customers. With WhatsApp Business, Jazz customers can now check their balance and billing details, package details, get their tax certificates, top up their account or pay their bills. The result was faster customer service and 32% lower costs, with 71,000 saved calls in three months and more than 100,000 tax certificates issued.
Give your customer communications a boost with Infobip
Make meaningful connections with your customers with Infobip. Our programmable communications platform can help you grow and maintain your customer relationships with ease.Contact us today