WhatsApp Business API is a simple, secure, and reliable way for medium and large businesses and enterprises to reach their customers globally.
The WhatsApp business API is built especially for medium and large businesses to give them the opportunity to talk directly to their customers over the world’s most popular chat app and connect to over 2 billion users.
The API offers professional, data-protection complaint customer communication with end-to-end encryption along with a subset of features provided by WhatsApp Android, iOS and Web applications.
The WhatsApp Business API enables businesses to programmatically send and receive messages and integrate within existing systems, such as CRMs, contact center platforms and marketing automation.
Difference between WhatsApp Business API and WhatsApp Business App
WhatsApp Business API is different to the free to download WhatsApp Business App. To know which one is better suited to your business, below is the key difference.
- WhatsApp Business API is a solution for large and medium enterprises which allows them to communicate with their customers at scale through an interface.
- WhatsApp Business API can be used throughout the customer journey from signing up and verification to sending notifications and reminders, and lastly two-way customer service.
- This needs to be aligned to WhatsApp’s commercial policy and terms and conditions.
- WhatsApp Business App is free to download mobile application for small business owners that allows them to communicate with customers over WhatsApp on behalf of the business. Unlike WhatsApp Business API, it has limited scalability and only up to 5 employees can manage the account through one phone.
- The app provides limited customer service and enables businesses to show their products and services and to respond to customer messages.
When looking to integrate WhatsApp Business API as a messaging and customer service solution, it is important to do it through authorized WhatsApp Business Solution providers.