How using People CDP improves CSAT
We’ve previously written about improving customer satisfaction using chatbot automation. And it’s great. It works.
But we wouldn’t be the humble engineers we are if we didn’t ask ourselves “can we make this good thing even better?” And we found out that we could. By adding a customer data platform.
How to improve CSAT with a customer data platform?
success rate with People CDP available to chatbot
success rate when API is available to chatbot
success rate without People CDP available to chatbot
success rate without API or People CDP
Sessions with chatbots running with People CDP were approximately 24% more likely to result in a positive outcome. Not only did these sessions have higher conversion rates, but 72% of sessions where chatbots drew data from People CDP were successfully closed without requiring human agent takeover.
To understand why this happens we need to understand what a customer data platform is and how it can be paired with chatbot automation.
What is a CDP?
A customer data platform (CDP) draws data from multiple sources to create detailed customer databases. We go into more detail in this blog post – but in short, a CDP puts all your customer data into one place.
This helps organizations easily sort and access customer data to create hyperpersonalized experiences, which leads to better outcomes.
Even better outcomes result from using this data to build highly personalized conversational experiences
Chatbot automation and conversational experiences
In addition to giving customers a natural conversational experience, AI chatbots can also provide highly personalized experiences by using customer data provided by CDPs.
The following part of the blog looks at precisely how to do this using Infobip’s People CDP and Answers.
Using CDP and chatbot automation to improve CSAT
When clients using Answers enable People CDP – which comes included with Infobip services – they unlock the full potential of conversational chatbots. This is achieved in two ways:
- Capturing relevant customer information from conversations with chatbots and storing it in customer Person profiles.
- Retrieving customer information from Person profiles to create personalized chatbot conversations.
These customer data attributes fall into one of three categories. They are:
- Standard: Basic customer information like name, address, contact information, etc.
- Custom: This is any customized information that is not otherwise available as a standard customer data field. An example of this is a customer’s subscription end date.
- Computed: Any information gained through custom formulas, profile scoring, and event aggregation.
Since they’re so important for improving CSAT and increasing conversions, we’ll start with computed attributes before getting into the others.
Computed attributes are a new addition to the People CDP. They act like regular profile attributes and work in a similar manner to offer more granular segmentation and greater personalization.
There are three types of computed attributes in People CDP:
- Custom formulas: These are used to calculate using different pieces of profile data.
- Event aggregates: Make calculations based on customer actions.
- Profile scoring: A score assigned to a profile that allows you to compare and sort profiles across multiple criteria using a single score value.
Computed attributes are all automatically updated with any changes made to customer profile data in People CDP. This ensures that customer data is accurate and up-to-date, and helps businesses provide customers with proactive customer service. Other use cases include:
Computed attributes use cases
With granular and constantly updated customer data profiles, businesses can:
- Check lead scores: Improve conversion rates by calculating customer lead scores. If a profile score is above a certain threshold, then an experienced agent can be assigned to increase the likeliness of closing the deal.
- Purchase history: See what a customer’s most commonly purchased products are before offering these products again.
- Geographic history: Check where a user’s most common pickup points or destinations are before offering them a route – i.e., would they like to book a ride for the same routes as before.
- Event history: Provide proactive customer service and boost CSAT by checking the last customer event (password reset, recent purchase, payment issue) and anticipating customer needs with the right solution or last best agent.
Using computed attributes will help businesses better anticipate customer needs and put them in an optimal position to quickly respond to them. This reduces time to resolution, a key CSAT metric, while simultaneously optimizing customer service workloads.
But computed attributes do even more than keep customers satisfied. They’ll help increase new customer acquisition with lead scoring to help ensure that leads displaying a higher propensity to convert get the right attention.
Since not every business is alike, however, there is no one-size-fits-all attribute to gauge which leads are coming in hot. This is where custom attributes come in.
With custom attributes you can assign any information that isn’t available in standard fields to an individual customer profile.
This can be a contract end date, payment information – or any other data that is relevant to your customer communications.
Custom attributes on People CDP are configured per account and given a custom name.
Using custom attributes lets businesses engage customers with highly specific customer data. When paired with an Answers chatbot, this information can instantly be read from the databases to provide instant and highly personalized interactions.
Next, we’ll take a look at some use cases demonstrating the use of various People CDP attributes in interactions with chatbots.
Use cases for chatbot and CDP to improve CSAT
These following use cases demonstrate how pairing People CDP with Answers chatbots helps accelerate conversions and increase customer satisfaction.
In this use case, the bank draws standard attributes from People CDP – in this case, an address that corresponds to a client’s phone number. This ensures that the bank card is shipped to the correct address without the client having to manually enter it.
And here the chatbot uses recent customer event history attributes to suggest pre-approval offers for credit cards, loans or new lines of credit.
The benefit for the bank here is a quick and easy upsell.
The customers benefits are faster service and streamlined applications processes with a more certain outcome – since they’re pre-approved.
This use case demonstrates several instances of chatbots drawing information from People CDP.
First is the customer’s order history. The chatbot asks whether the customer would like to place an order or repeat a previous one.
Next, the customer re-engages the chatbot. This time the customer chooses to repeat a previous order – which the chatbot draws from the customer data profile order history.
These are a few examples that are applicable across various industries that demonstrate how a chatbot connected to People CDP can draw advanced personalization options to accelerate conversions and provide enhanced CSAT.
Answers and People CDP – your key to unlocking higher CSAT and faster conversions
By enabling People CDP with Answers, we wanted to help you supercharge automated conversational experiences with customers.
And the data speaks for itself. 72% of sessions ended in positive outcomes and 25% more conversions in sessions when Answers were used in combination with People CDP, which clearly shows that CDP enhances your chatbot’s ability to create memorable customer journeys to aid retention and increase customer acquisitions.
Enhance Answers with People CDP
Boost conversions and improve CSAT with enhanced personalization and proactive customer support.