How to integrate a conversational AI chatbot with your platform
Conversational AI enhances interactions by providing a human-like experience. Find out how to successfully integrate a conversational AI chatbot into your platform.
With the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), conversational AI has emerged as a powerful tool for businesses to enhance customer engagement and increase satisfaction. By integrating AI-powered chatbots, businesses can expand their platform capabilities and improve their efficiency and overall customer experience.
But how can you use conversational AI to automate workflows and achieve key business goals? Read on to learn the benefits and steps to integrate a conversational AI chatbot with your existing platforms successfully.
What is conversational AI?
Conversational AI is the technology that allows machines to speak back to people in a natural way. It uses a variety of technologies, such as speech recognition, Natural Language Processing (NLP), sentiment analysis, and Machine Learning (ML), to understand what is being asked and respond accordingly.
Conversational AI aims to simulate natural interaction between two people as closely as possible, providing a conversational experience that sticks. Hence, many businesses today are turning to conversational AI to help automate various processes, streamline communication and personalize the customer experience.
Let’s take a look at the three main types of conversational AI:
- Chatbots that use conversational AI to simulate human conversation with higher quality results compared to rule-based chatbots.
- Voice Assistants that use voice recognition and language processing to carry out tasks through commands.
- Virtual Assistants that use Natural Language Understanding (NLU) to help users perform more complex tasks in a relevant manner.
Conversational AI vs. chatbots
The key differentiator between chatbots and conversational AI is that conversational AI can recognize speech and text inputs and engage in human-like conversations. As mentioned earlier, conversational AI uses NLP and NLU to understand the context and respond accordingly.
Traditional chatbots, on the other hand, are generally rule-based and programmed to address specific commands and keywords. While rule-based chatbots are programmed to solve simple tasks such as “common FAQs,” they can still be conversational. However, their ability to be “conversational” varies depending on how they’re programmed.
In other words, conversational AI provides personalized experiences, whereas traditional chatbots are generally used for transactional purposes. But to do both, your business needs to connect different pieces of the puzzle. And the easiest way to do so is through system integration.
Benefits of integrating a conversational AI chatbot
So, before we dig too deep into the integration process, let’s briefly discuss the business benefits of conversational AI chatbots.
Enhanced customer experience
Advanced technologies such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) enable conversational AI to extract and analyze useful data about customers’ likes and buying habits to provide seamless and highly engaging end-to-end customer experiences.
As a result, businesses can deliver highly personalized experiences and tailored recommendations while enhancing the user experience and building customer loyalty.
Improved customer support
Conversational AI chatbots can operate 24/7 and provide instant responses to customer queries, reducing wait times and improving customer satisfaction.
As a result, customers can engage more interactively with your business at any time without waiting to receive the help they need.
By automating certain repetitive tasks, chatbots can significantly reduce the contact center load and time used by support agents, leading to cost savings for your business.
As a result, businesses can optimize operations, streamline customer interactions, and improve overall agent efficiency by allowing them to focus on more complex tasks.
Improved customer satisfaction and loyalty
Delivering tailored communication with a personal touch allows you to build stronger customer relationships that foster loyalty and satisfaction.
As a result, you deliver exceptional experiences that turn into happy customers who are more likely to stay loyal and spread positive word-of-mouth, leading to lifetime business value.
Effective lead generation
Conversational AI works like a proactive salesperson, allowing businesses to engage with potential customers in real-time.
As a result, businesses will collect valuable data and nurture leads through personalized interactions and recommendations, ultimately leading to higher conversions.
How to integrate and build a conversational AI chatbot
Before you start thinking about integrating or building an AI chatbot, it’s essential to clearly define its purpose and goals. Ask yourself what value it will provide users and how it aligns with business objectives.
Integration allows the chatbot to access customer data, perform transactions, and interact with other systems seamlessly. The best way to integrate services is through an Application Programming Interface (API) that acts as a middle layer.
An API determines what can be done with the system on the other side, providing the right access to write the data. It controls how a tool can interact with other tools and establishes the terms for other services to engage and perform actions with it.
But we can’t forget about data privacy. System Integrators (SIs) should always take into account data privacy and compliance requirements to ensure secure and reliable integration.
Now that you’re more familiar with the integration process, let’s find out how you can build an AI chatbot with Answers.
Five steps to build a conversational AI chatbot
- Define your business needs and how you can effectively utilize this chatbot, be it customer support needs, marketing or sales. Use cases can include, account setup, promotions, order processing, or FAQs.
- Choose a chatbot-building platform that enables seamless integration through APIs or embedded UI.
- Understand your business and customers to configure the chatbot’s flow and create the script.
- Design the chatbot’s interface using your brand’s colors, elements, and typefaces.
- Test, test, and do more testing. You can hire trained testers or ask customers to provide feedback to modify flows and improve keywords.
Here we list two great examples of how customers are driving ROI with Answers:
- Nissan: The car manufacturer’s Saudi Arabian business saw a 138% increase in leads generated when they introduced a chatbot that provided 24/7 customer care and lead nurturing when dealerships were closed.
- Unilever: The brand experienced 14x higher sales with a clever chatbot campaign that promoted product awareness and generated interest.
Flexible co-creation with Infobip
Integrating Infobip’s conversational AI chatbot enables System Integrators (SIs) to enhance their value proposition and create differentiators for their clients. Through our Partner Connect Program, we will co-create solutions to help you:
- Grow your business and reach new customers.
- Create new cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Extend your product capabilities and enhance your portfolios with value-added services.
- Unlock new revenue streams and monetization opportunities through transactional channels and customized API plug-ins.
We help SIs extend and enrich their portfolio with omnichannel conversational solutions to reach new market segments from SME to Enterprise. Our cloud communication platform will help you build recurring revenue streams and bring your clients the latest technology.
It’s a win-win situation, SI’s will have a direct impact on the platform, and we, in turn, will empower you to drive revenue and offer scalable solutions by providing you with the required information, support, and training.
Ready to upgrade your platform with conversational AI?
Learn how to integrate a conversational AI chatbot with your platform and take your clients’ CX to the next level.