Infobip helps businesses boost conversions with end-to-end purchase journeys on WhatsApp
The newest features of WhatsApp Business Platform with Infobip help brands improve the customer experience and drive leads, conversions, and sales
Vodnjan, Croatia, October 25, 2023 – Global cloud communications platform Infobip now enables businesses to design and implement end-to-end customer purchase journeys within WhatsApp. Using the latest features in the WhatsApp Business Platform with Infobip, businesses can build pathways for customers to complete tasks and make purchases without leaving the app, improving the experience, and increasing conversions.
Before, businesses using WhatsApp had to redirect customers outside the app to external websites, support services or payment gateways to find information, contact agents, and make purchases. Fragmented customer journeys add friction, create inconsistent experiences, and increase cart abandonment.
With WhatsApp Flows and Payments, businesses can create flexible, customised, and streamlined end-to-end purchase journeys where customers can make bookings or complete purchases all within a WhatsApp chat thread. By doing so, brands improve customer satisfaction and experience, while increasing retention, and conversions. Use cases include lead generation, recommending products, booking appointments, managing orders, and in-thread payments.
Mr. Sanjay Arora – Executive Vice President & Head of Operations at Tata AIA Life Insurance, said: “With time now being measured in a jiffy, and convenience being the most important parameter across all digital platforms, Payments on WhatsApp, with minimal processing steps, and upfront confirmation of policy payments, was much needed to boost consumer confidence and satisfaction. Prior to the Payment on WhatsApp service, consumers would need to go through several steps including, log in to a mobile app, authentication process, and payment gateway processing, while with payments on WhatsApp, these steps are eliminated. In the first three months of the launch of this service, approximately 3000 customers successfully paid around Rs. 40 million for renewal. Our tech partner Infobip provided incredible support in integrating payments on WhatsApp Pay into the TATA AIA Life Insurance payment system. It’s been a resounding success, and our consumers couldn’t be any happier. Team dedication and expertise made this integration a breeze. The impact on our operations and customer satisfaction has been remarkable – the convenience and security of payments on WhatsApp have won over our customers, leading to increased sales and loyalty.”
This is part of Infobip’s strategy to enable businesses to seamlessly build end-to-end conversational customer journeys with the full support of our professional services, which include building data flows, developing and creating custom use cases, and monitoring. It follows Infobip’s launch of click-to-chat advanced analytics last month, which combines ads from Facebook or Instagram with WhatsApp, Messenger, or Instagram direct messaging to increase conversions and return on ad spend.
WhatsApp Flows are available globally, while Payments are currently available in Brazil and India. For more information, see here: https://www.infobip.com/whatsapp-business/features
Infobip is a global cloud communications platform that enables businesses to build connected experiences across all stages of the customer journey. Accessed through a single platform, Infobip’s omnichannel engagement, identity, user authentication and contact center solutions help businesses and partners overcome the complexity of consumer communications to grow business and increase loyalty. With over a decade of industry experience, Infobip has expanded to 75+ offices globally. It offers natively built technology with the capacity to reach over seven billion mobile devices and ‘things’ in 6 continents connected to over 9,700+ connections of which 800+ are direct operator connections. Infobip was established in 2006 and is led by its co-founders, CEO Silvio Kutić, Roberto Kutić and Izabel Jelenić.
Recent award wins include:
• Infobip named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for the Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) 2023 Report
• Infobip named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) 2023 Vendor Assessment (doc #US50607923, May 2023)
• Infobip named a leader in the CPaaS Leaderboard, Juniper Research (Feb 2023)
• Infobip named a leader in the CCaaS Leaderboard, Juniper Research (Aug 2022)
• Omdia Ranks Infobip as Leader in CPaaS Universe Report (May 2022)
• Ranked the leading service provider in CPaaS by Juniper Research in its new Competitor Leaderboard CPaaS Vendors (October 2021)
• Infobip named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) 2021 Vendor Assessment (doc #US46746221, May 2021)
• Best A2P SMS provider for the fourth year running by mobile operators and enterprises in ROCCO’s annual Messaging Vendor Benchmarking Report
• Best CPaaS Provider of the Year, Best RCS Provider of the Year, and Mover & Shaker in Telco Innovation at the 2021 Juniper Digital Awards