London, UK and Vodnjan, Croatia: 13 July, 2021 – Global cloud communications company, Infobip today announces it has released its 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report detailing the company’s environmental sustainability, social impact and governance initiatives worldwide.
It describes Infobip’s crisis response efforts last year as well as report on its first set of CSR key impact goals. Additionally it announces new goals with focus areas in sustainable development, diversity, environment and governance, and validates the role of its solutions in delivering purposeful technology.
The company prioritized crisis response efforts in support of the safety and security of employees, their families and the broader community, while continuing to provide solutions to customers working in critical industries across various sectors and essential services.
Infobip also helped public, government, and health organizations share updates relating to the pandemic in real time to provide answers, and combat the spread of misinformation. It helped organizations to adopt digital communications and digitally transform in a matter of weeks as their offline channels closed.
Infobip closed its first sets of key impact goals, listed below, measuring the company’s efforts toward meeting its CSR vision spanning fiscal years 2019 through 2020.
- In the environmental sustainability space, Infobip showed commitment to minimizing its footprint by making changes in everyday business, as well as pursuing sustainability initiatives such as reducing waste, conserving energy and water, and promoting recycling.
- Funding was directed towards charitable projects in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), health, and humanitarian need. In 2020, Infobip invested more than €100,000, in supporting 100 not for-profit organizations and social enterprises globally.
- In the social impact space Infobip partnered with seven universities in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina engaguing with 716 students across in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.
- When it comes to gender, Infobip compares with peers, with more than a third (35%) of roles held by women. There is a clear need to build on this, particularly when it comes to positions held by women in senior management, which the company will focus on improving.
- Infobip was recognized by Great Place to Work Awards in a year that posed new challenges for employers and employees alike. The company is proud to be recognized as:
- 2020 Best Employer Brand in the IT sector
- 2020 Best Employer Branding Team
- The company was recognized at The Golden Index Awards for the second year in a row, this time in the “2020 Best Student Program” category for the Infobip Virtual Classroom with its program of online webinars and seminars attended by 761 undergraduate students.
Silvio Kutić, CEO at Infobip commented: “We recognize that our first CSR report is just a starting point, with opportunities for improvement. But in launching this at the beginning of our official CSR journey, it’s our intention to bring transparency to our social, environmental, and governance initiatives, as well as our efforts to make meaningful connections – with more people, more communities, around the world. In the meantime, this first report aims to provide a picture of who we are as an organization, the initiatives, programs, and activities that fuelled our CSR momentum in a tumultuous year.”
This shift to digital channels will outlive the pandemic, but so too will the renewed focus on making meaningful connections. The company’s future as a business will continue to revolve around making smarter connections between people, things and businesses.
For the full report please click here.
Infobip is a global cloud communications platform that enables businesses to build connected experiences across all stages of the customer journey. Accessed through a single platform, Infobip’s omnichannel engagement, identity, user authentication and contact center solutions help businesses and partners overcome the complexity of consumer communications to grow business and increase loyalty.
With over a decade of industry experience, Infobip has expanded to 65+ offices across six continents. It offers natively built technology with the capacity to reach over seven billion mobile devices and ‘things’ in 190+ countries connected directly to over 650 telecom networks. Infobip was established in 2006 and is led by its co-founders, CEO Silvio Kutić, Roberto Kutić and Izabel Jelenić.
Recent award wins include:
- Infobip named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) 2021 Vendor Assessment (May 2021).
- Best A2P SMS provider for the fourth year running by mobile operators and enterprises in ROCCO’s annual Messaging Vendor Benchmarking Report
- Best CPaaS Provider of the Year, Best RCS Provider of the Year, and Mover & Shaker in Telco Innovation at the 2021 Juniper Digital Awards