Infobip Shift 2023 reaches new milestone with nearly 5,000 attendees and 10,000 virtual participants
Southeast Europe’s largest developer conference is a critical forum for cutting-edge conversations and a celebration of startup innovation
• Infobip continuing to place developers front and center of growth strategy
Vodnjan, Croatia, 19 September, 2023 – Marking its 12th successful year and most-attended event, Infobip Shift, the largest developer conference in Southeast Europe, this week brought together the world’s top developers for a forum of cutting-edge conversations and a celebration of startup innovation. Originally the premier developer event in Southeast Europe, Infobip Shift has expanded its global reach by bringing together about 5,000 in-person attendees and more than 10,000 virtual participants from across the globe in the picturesque city of Zadar, Croatia.
On the 18th and 19th of September, the global tech community got together for two days of learning, networking, and disruption. The multistage hybrid conference was dedicated to people passionate about software, including developers, founders, industry disruptors, developer relations (DevRel) experts, and global tech giants, including Uber, Microsoft and Amazon.
Continuing its tradition around interactive, engaging and exciting content, attendees had access to a broad range of insights, alongside social events, with topics ranging from machine learning and the emerging artificial intelligence (AI) landscape to the link between developer well-being and performance. Speakers included industry stalwarts from companies such as Akamai, Red Hat, GitHub, and Google, alongside Croatian up-and-coming companies such as Sofascore and ReversingLabs.
Six uniquely designed stages catered to specialized topics, including AI, DevEx, and Cloud Native technologies. With a dedicated stage and EXPO for Infobip’s Startup Tribe, this year’s conference showcased 20 pioneering startups from across the globe.
The acquisition of Shift Conference in 2021 set the cornerstone for Infobip’s strategic focus on nurturing a global developer-centric community. Since then, Infobip has expanded Shift to become one of the largest developer events in the world, hosting its first US conference in Miami earlier this year.
Infobip is a global cloud communications platform that enables businesses to build connected experiences across all stages of the customer journey. Accessed through a single platform, Infobip’s omnichannel engagement, identity, user authentication and contact centre solutions help businesses and partners overcome the complexity of consumer communications to grow business and increase loyalty. With over a decade of industry experience, Infobip has expanded to 75+ offices globally. It offers natively built technology with the capacity to reach over seven billion mobile devices and ‘things’ in 6 continents connected to over 9,700+ connections of which 800+ are direct operator connections. Infobip was established in 2006 and is led by its co-founders, CEO Silvio Kutić, Roberto Kutić and Izabel Jelenić.
Recent award wins include
- Infobip named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) 2023 Vendor Assessment (May 2023)
- Infobip named a leader in the CPaaS Leaderboard, Juniper Research (Feb 2023)
- Infobip named a leader in the CCaaS Leaderboard, Juniper Research (Aug 2022)
- Omdia Ranks Infobip as Leader in CPaaS Universe Report (May 2022)
- Ranked the leading service provider in CPaaS by Juniper Research in its new Competitor Leaderboard CPaaS Vendors (October 2021)
- Infobip named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) 2021 Vendor Assessment (May 2021)
- Best A2P SMS provider for the fourth year running by mobile operators and enterprises in ROCCO’s annual Messaging Vendor Benchmarking Report
- Best CPaaS Provider of the Year, Best RCS Provider of the Year, and Mover & Shaker in Telco Innovation at the 2021 Juniper Digital Awards